Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Films to Add and Films That Need To Be Watched 2009

Just watched Jason Reitman's Up In The Air and I guess it needs to go in the Good pile for 2009

George Clooney is just he's usual brilliant self with his still charming flair as he goes from one part of the country to another to fire people. What I like most about this film is the philoshophy that presents itself and the ironic twist that just shoots down the change in that philoshophy. This is how the world revolves and how three people live in it with their own outlook on life.

And in this list are the films that I would like to watch in the year 2009 but it hasn't presented the oppurtunity to appear before my eyes.

InvictusMorgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood reunite for another film, so you would understand why I want to watch this film. Their 3rd film together since Unforgiven and Million Dollar Baby.

The RoadAn apocalyptic film based on McCarthy's book with Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron and Guy Pearce. Based on the trailer, it completely captures the hopelessness that any apocalyptic setting would incur but then again hope still survives within the father and son relationship.

Rec 2Sequel to the Spanish horror film Rec, this one shows it from the special forces who are sent in to clean up the mess with all the camera ala Blair Witch style courtesy of the cameras atached to each person.

The Horde
This one's a French horror film about zombies. Don't know if the French can make horror films but from the trailer, I want to watch it. Big fan of zombies.

Dead Snow
Err.. yeah. Another zombie flick but this one's in Norwegian and starring Nazi zombies! Notice the chainsaw in the poster? Hell yeah. Zombies rule!

Shrink

I'm a big fan of Kevin Spacey so I have the will to watch this one. Too bad its an independent film with a limited release. That'll make it hard too find..


A Serious Man
I find myself to be a fan of the Coen Brothers and this film made it into the AFI (American Film Institute) Top Ten films of 2009 so, yes, I must watch this film.
The Men Who Stare At Goats
George Clooney, Kevin Spacey, Ewan McGregor and Jeff Bridges plus in comedic style centering on psychic capabilities in the military. That sounds like my kind of film.
Where The Wild Things Are
I remember vividly this book from my childhood and I remember reading it loads of times cause I liked the illustrations and the imagination it presented. Imagine my enthusiasm when I found out that they were making a movie out of it. I heard it was disappointing.. but whatever, I still want ot watch it.
Before I end this entirely useless post, I would like to add one more film into the 2009 list, this time in the BAD section. That's right, 2012! The only substantial pull it had was the special effects and special effects on its own does not make a movie good.

No comments:

Post a Comment